Each year we try to invite to cooperation one foreign guest. From the beginning of
September we have a pleasure to host Taiwanese artist Cindy Lien presenting her exhibition at the end of her stay.
Cindy Lien is mainly working with different types of fabrics used for handmade sawn pictures. Often the pieces are equipped with found objects. We asked Cindy to apply into her textile collages also some screenprint elements. She will introduce for the first time handmade print layers in her works.
Cindy Lien is an artist living and studying in Taipei on Taiwan. Her art is based on
experiences from places she is currently staying. Inspired by her harbour hometown Keelung, she created her exhibition “Harbour Wonderland”.
— I started to sew using different soft fabrics that resonate my feelings of safety and warmth. Most of my works refer to memories which seem to be stored in a soft and safe place waiting to be discovered anew — says Cindy Lien. Thanks to distinct and shiny forms the artist tries to attract the viewer to take part in exploring, to feel the textures and their warmth. She creates not only graphic works but also 3D. Majority of her works displays memories, nature, dreams and imaginary elements. Creative process is for her like writing a diary. Looking at her works you can get to know her secrets and the way she sees the world.
Cindy Lien — Psychedelic Jet Lag — exhibition / fabric / screenprint
Vernissage: 19 Sept, at 7 o’clock
Kwiaciarnia Grafiki, 6/8 Smulikowskiego street, second yard
the event on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/521209405353165/
the exhibition until 2 October
Sin-Yu Lien (Cindy Lien)
- Bachelor of Arts Arts and Design National Taipei University of Education, Tajpej, Taiwan
- Magister of Arts studies [ongoing] Arts and Design National Taipei University of Education, Taipei, Taiwan
Sin-Yu Lien (Cindy Lien), exhibitions:
- “Harbor Wonderland” Miss Lulu Art Space, Keelung, Taiwan
- “Foliation”, Cerulean Art Colony, Keelung, Taiwan
- “Culture Candy”, Blender Projekt Space, Melbourne, Australia
- “Fantasy World”, Bopiliao Historical Block, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Ⅲ”, South Village 44 (Sisi Nancun), Taipei, Taiwan
- “Fluffy Buddies”, National Taipei University of Education, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Longing for a Place”, National Taipei University of Education, Taipei, Taiwan
- “fragile”, National Taipei University of Education, Taipei, Taiwan
- “Words of Art”, National Taipei University of Education, Taipei, Taiwan
Kwiaciarnia Grafiki, screenprinting and graphic design workshop/hub; from time to time a gallery specializing in presenting contemporary works made in screenprinting technique. Starting last year we have been also running online store graphicsflowershop.com where you can purchase screenprinting artifacts. Kwiaciarnia Grafiki is run by an illustrator Marta Kwiatek and an activist, graphic artist and cyclist Kwiatek. AKA collective Kwiatuchi.